Wednesday, April 06, 2005

The Curse of the Ohio Valley

Otherwise known as The Crud. Or, simply, allergies.

A person can have lived an allergy-free life for many years and in many places, but once they relocate to the Ohio Valley---namely, Louisville---they will inevitably be inflicted by flora-inspired allergy problems. It took me two years to fall under the curse. I thought it was just a cold...but, alas, it was only the beginning of my new life. Whereas I used to look disdainfully on the wusses and wimps who claimed allergen-induced puniness, I now fully understand and am ashamed of my former attitude towards those who are now my fellow sufferers.

There was a guy I dated shortly after moving here who suffered tremendously for months during the spring---swollen eyes, cough, sinus infections, couldn't ride around with his windows rolled down, etc. His wimpiness was a major hang-up for me. How could I think of marrying a guy who was so sickly?! Bless his heart. Forgive me, Colby. If I'd only known then what I know now... I'd cry for you, if my eyes weren't swollen shut. Achoo!

5 Comments:

Blogger Bobby said...

Wuss.

6:34 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Wuss....Bobby you take it back before I get a scientist to give it to you 10 fold......

Yeah I too discovered teh greatest gift of the ohio valley.....its been a slow progess from just sick all the time, to congested, to now sinus allergies and congestion. In fact the happy day last Sunday was the start of it, not to bad since this is the first time this year so far.

But alas yeah Lorie if you only knew then.....actually if we could only find why the locals never get it and us transplants do....hmmmmm

7:36 PM  
Blogger Lorie said...

The locals have built up ammunities that our poor, defenseless systems have never needed before.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

Actually I've lived here all my life and I suffer from allergies. I suffer terribly. I just don't whine about it.

8-)=

(vampire smiley face)

9:45 AM  
Blogger Paul Tackett said...

I wish it held off for at couple of years for my transition. But noooooo, since moving down here this past august, i've been sick every month starting in october. And when i'm not actually sick, i'm usually congested. oh, if i knew then what i know now...

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home