Friday, April 07, 2006

It's about that time...

So, if you remember, last March I told you how at Sojourn we always celebrate Kill Your TV/Cultivate Beauty month in April. This year I'm too into LOST and Prisonbreak to put my TV completely to rest, but what are some ways we can cultivate beauty this month? Give me some of your ideas...

And here are some of mine:
- take pictures of outdoor beauty (The heavens declare the glory of God...)
- make Mother's Day gifts (using some of said photography, perhaps?)
- clean up my basement (argh)
- work on songwriting (I need to get my butt in gear...)
- find a local beautification project to get involved in (anyone know of any?)
- smile more to people I don't know

Here are some nature shots I took a year ago:







9 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

What do you call those little wild pansies? I've always called them johnny-jump-ups but people give me weird looks when I refer to them as such, so I guess people call them something else. The pictures are great.

11:55 PM  
Blogger Jenn said...

those pansies are gorgeous. very pretty.

I buy the seasons on DVD, besides you can leave out the commercials and freeze frame gratuituous muscle scenes. (did I say that?)Lost is one of my favs.

8:14 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

I love that the writers of Lost are toying with us. There are so many possibilities, as well as so many potential rabbit holes.

About #4 on your list, Little King -- I know of one really good contemporary hymn text in your possession that is just waiting for a great melody writer to finish it ....

7:57 AM  
Blogger Lorie said...

I don't know what those pansies are called...but did anyone notice the little teensy green bug on the yellow flowers?! I didn't know he was there when I was taking the picture, but he's so cute!

Hurley's head or not, I'm hooked on those goings-on. Although Emma is right---watching commercial-free, uninterrupted episodes of tv shows makes for some great entertainment...

I'll get right on that hymn. Only not tonight---Prisonbreak's on. :)

12:34 PM  
Blogger Kristi B. said...

Cultivate beauty. That's a great idea. I'll have to work on that.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Christa said...

When would youlike to get started on the basement? :)

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should marry hurley

5:21 PM  
Blogger Lorie said...

Um, I THINK the Masked Person might have been talking to me...

10:25 PM  
Blogger Tim Rice said...

Your photos are beautiful. Love them.

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home