Monday, April 11, 2005

Meet the man


Ethan and Aunt Lolo 

Like the good little boy he will all too soon grow to be, Ethan Edward waited on his Aunt Lorie to get to the hospital before he made his entrance into the world at 7:42pm on Friday, April 8th, with his 6-pound (and 1/2 oz.), 18.5 inch-long self.

And I mean that literally---I got there (to the hospital) right after they'd said they were going to have to close off the birthing room, so I only got to go in and say "hi" and give Emily a hug before they shooed us all out and let her get down to business. About an hour and fifteen minutes later the little guy was here! And HE is perfect. See for yourself...


Ethan and mommy 


Ethan and daddy (two worn-out King boys!) 


So peaceful! 


The Thinker 


It's a hard-knock life...a man deserves his rest. 


(He's getting ready to sneeze!) 

8 Comments:

Blogger Hilary Noltemeyer said...

He is so beautiful! Glad you were able to be there- it's just so exciting!

5:25 PM  
Blogger Paul Tackett said...

i am also glad that you could get the chance to be there with your family when it happened.

6:11 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

I loved the thinker pose, that's a classic that should go up on the wall above a fireplace.

6:41 PM  
Blogger Nikki Leigh Daniel said...

Well, I guess this little one was worth you missing TWO gigs...

:)

Of course he was worth it!! Congrats, Lorie!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

Tom, I think that's my favorite, too. But I love the one where he's sticking his tongue out as well, and of course the one with Aunt Lola, or whatever she's calling herself. I don't know why people can't stick to their real names.

B-Dog

9:00 AM  
Blogger Lorie said...

It's Lolo. That's what the kids I homeschooled in Cyprus called me (thanks to the 2 yr.-old). It was the first time I'd ever had a nickname bestowed by a non-family member, and I liked it.

Lolo. Got it, B-pup?

10:50 AM  
Blogger Christa said...

Wise indeed! Congrats Lorie. He is a beauty. I bet it was hard to leave him too.

Check out my blog. I have a special surprise.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AHHH!! He is a cutie! Enjoy being an Auntie. I just saw this for the first time. Marianne

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home