Friday, April 08, 2005

The winds of change...

Well, there's been a new development in my life. While it's been nice being a single woman and enjoying my freedom while it's lasted...the time for change has come. Who knew I'd be thirty before this guy came into my life? But it's never too late. And God's timing is perfect... I'm going to be an aunt! Today or tomorrow! A nephew of my very own!

My brother (Dan) and sister-in-law (Emily) are at the hospital right now. They text messaged me around 6:00 this morning, and when I talked to them at 7:30, things were progressing but slowly. There's no telling how long the little critter (Tyler Henry? Cody Edward? Ethan Edward?) will wait to make his appearance. But I'm excited. It's very surreal in a way. I almost got choked up when I talked to Emily on the phone...

New life is an amazing thing. And the fact that babies come out of women is totally gross but extremely awe-inspiring. The creativity of God and the intricacy of his designs never cease to amaze me!

Trust me, people, there WILL be pictures of the little one for all to see on this very blog.

7 Comments:

Blogger Bobby said...

I'm very happy for you as a person. Kids are such a blessing.

And I'm very proud of you as a writer. The first paragraph sparkled. Witty Little King.

10:17 AM  
Blogger Lorie said...

Thank you, thank you very much.

I'll be here all week. :)

Well, I'll be in Nashville for the weekend, meeting my newest soon-to-be fan. :)

11:55 AM  
Blogger Jason Ramage said...

okay, so you were talking like you had some boyfriend, the guy is really your nephew, who isn't nearly old enough to be your boyfriend. I totally missed that one.

12:50 PM  
Blogger Lorie said...

Yes, I was being sly. ;) Or "clever". Or even "witty", if you prefer.

:)

1:02 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Yeah I had to re-read it to make sure it was the new nephew you were talkin about, and it made the story so much better...hahha made ya think. It's always a good thing to hear of new additions to a family.

3:52 PM  
Blogger Paul Tackett said...

i had to read that about 3 times before i got it. well, kids are cooler than significant others anyways. congradulations

5:53 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

Now that we all know how sly, clever, and witty you are ... let's hear all about the birth! And let's see those pictures!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home