Tuesday, September 19, 2006

And so it is...

That's the first line of an excellent Damien Rice song...FYI...

But, more to the point, here's what I'm up to these days:

Working on songs for a potential Sojourn cd project
So far we've got three demos laid down and I'm pretty pleased with what we're producing. J. and Bobby have been great about working with me and keeping me on task. (Plus, we're using their songs!) If left to my own devices, we'd still be talking about this project three years from now...but they are get-r-done kind of guys and that's exactly the kind of friends/collaborators I need. Next we're going to start working over some of my very own songs...we'll see what we can do with those.

Planning out my concert schedule for the fall
Okay, not MY concert schedule, but rather the schedule of concerts that yours truly will attend, since there are SO many great ones coming up! I'd love to go to the Americana Folk Festival in TN in October, but Bobby has reminded me that's the same day as our songwriters workshop...I'm thinking we should all take a $40 field trip... If you're nearby/interested, check out the website. I think that's the only place you can get tickets. And the lineup has some GREAT people, including Patty Griffin (the headliner), Mindy Smith and Sandra McCracken.

Among the shows I'm planning on seeing are: Calexico/Oakley Hall, Amos Lee, Chris Thile, and perhaps Wilco and Dave Barnes. Yippee!

8 Comments:

Blogger Emily said...

I'm going to be mighty jealous if you get to see Dave Barnes in concert :(

BTW, your lucky underwear girl is running around just in her undies... i better not catch YOU doing that! :D

12:04 PM  
Blogger Lorie said...

Wish you could go with me to see him! I'm loving his stuff. Thanks for the intro. And he and I are "friends" now! (ah, the beauties of myspace...)

12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

actually it's git-r-done

9:35 AM  
Blogger Lorie said...

Oh, THANKS! I wouldn't want to have misspelled THAT... :)

9:53 AM  
Blogger Katie said...

Dave Barnes - I saw him in concert a few weeks ago. He's great, and has one of the best smiles in the world (not that a smile is a determining factor in being a good artist or singer but gosh it sure makes it easy to look at him). Oh, and he's funny and so genuine and nice. Ok, now that I sound like I should be the president of his fan club I will stop talking.

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yer as funny as a twister in a trailer park.

1:22 PM  
Blogger Lorie said...

Gee, thanks. I think... Depends on how *twisted* your sense of humor is, I guess... :)

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As twisted as you want it to be.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home