Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Just so you know...

I will be posting some new stuff soon. :) A friend from church has let me borrow his audiobook copy of The Pursuit of Holiness by Jerry Bridges, read by Alistair Begg (you gotta love that accent). It's good stuff and I want to share some of the exerpts with you...

So get ready.

But, in the meantime, check out this band: The Ditty Bops. Some friends and I saw them open for Nickel Creek this past winter and they are SO fun. We actually met them when we hung around like stalkers in the parking lot waiting for NC to come out to their bus. Turns out Chris, Sean and Sara had made off like bandits to whoop it up with friends of theirs elsewhere in Indy, but the humble Ditty Boppers and band braved the arctic air to mingle with the little folk. Bobby, Emily and I were chatting with the two men in the band, who decided to sing us a little ditty they'd been working up while on the road. Some sort of barbershop quartet-type number.

When they finished, I said, "Well, you have lots of time to work on it."

Of COURSE I was referring to the fact that they had a long road trip ahead of them with nothing to do but sing and iron out a song they CLEARLY said they were still WORKING on, but... Well, you can imagine the looks they, not to mention my horrified friends, gave me.

It's a gift, people.

12 Comments:

Blogger Bobby said...

LOL. That was the funniest thing ever. A band does you the honor of singing you a brand new song that they've never done in concert before -- a grand preview, if you will, of a song they hadn't intended to share until the next night's concert, and YOU tell them "well, you've got plenty of time to work on it." HAHAHAHAHA!

It's hilarious now but at the time I was mortified.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Oh... Lorie! That's pretty funny.. (shaking my head). Glad you like the postcard!

6:54 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Man I wished I coulda been there, or at east seen a pic of the faces.....that's all the looks I think is why I love this story!

7:57 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

oh gosh, been there before

4:25 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

classic..absolutely classic

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Argh. I'm angry. And I'm tired of the establishment.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Lorie said...

Corby! I say "argh" ALL the time! What a coinkidink!

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

But if you were tired of the establishment, you wouldn't be holding that cat.

My tears have earned me the right to Argh.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you knew his mind you would understand on vs. of

This has been Harvey Brown.

1:54 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

I thought Harvey swore never again to comment on blogs. See, I'm gone for a few weeks, and I'm totally out of the loop.

My brother and his girlfriend went to see NC in Ft. Collins, CO last night -- a FREE concert -- and then hung around the bus like any self-respecting groupies would do, whereupon they were rewarded with Chris Thile singing and playing about ten songs while they gazed on in awe and wonderment. What kind of concealer covers up pea green?

5:32 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

A FREE Creek show?!? Oh, wow.

How come every time I see them, they never come outside the bus afterwards? It's somehow all King's fault. She's an albatross of bad luck or something.

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello, this is Harvey Brown.

Laura, your kind persecuted me for righteousness sake. You and the bunny. But I have looked and looked at my WWJD bracelet and come to the decision that the blogging world needs me.

Should I hide my light under a bushel. No! I'm gonna let it shine.

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home