Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Another one of my faves...

This is old school. A little-known cut off of SCC's Heaven in The Real World album. I've always loved---and identified with---this song. "Just as I am, not as I do"---thank God for grace. And the miracle of mercy.

Miracle of Mercy

If the truth was known and a light was shown
On every hidden part of my soul
Most would turn away, shake their heads and say,
"[She] still has such a long way to go."
If the truth was known, you'd see
That the only good in me is Jesus

If the walls could speak of the times I've been weak
When everybody thought I was strong
Could I show my face, if it weren't for the grace
Of the one who's known the truth all along?
If the walls could speak, they'd say
That my only hope is the grace Of Jesus
Oh, it's Jesus

But, oh, the goodness and the grace in him
He takes it all and makes it mine
Causes his light in me to shine
And he loves me with a love that never ends
Just as I am, not as I do

Could this be real? Oh, could this be true?

This could only be a miracle.
This could only be the miracle of mercy.


written by Steven Curtis Chapman c1994 Sparrow Song (a div. of The Sparrow Corp.)/Peach Hill Songs (BMI)

Behind the Song:
(Micah 7:18; 1 Tim. 1:14-16; Titus 3:5-7)

5 Comments:

Blogger Bobby said...

If my Southern Gospel-loving dad heard you refer to Steven Curtis Chapman as "old school" he'd have a cow.

But it is a good message.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Good times... I used to have that album, probably on cassette.

3:57 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Good stuff.. I've never heard that one.

5:19 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

what amazing lyrics . . . how true is it that sometimes we live in fear of what is in shadows being brought out in the light and yet the one who knows it all loves us through it all

"That the only good in me is Jesus" to be able to not only say this but to believe it is amazing

12:41 PM  
Blogger Live, Love, Laugh said...

wow, I love that, I don't think I have ever heard it, but it is wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home