Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A couple of things...

Last Saturday I had the pleasure of attending Forest Fest, a small bluegrass festival held in Jefferson Memorial Forest. SUCH a relaxing atmosphere. And it was in Fairdale, a tiny little town outside of Louisville, and home of "Bushwackers"...Family Hair Care (!).

It was my first exposure to the pleasing vocal stylings and masterful pickin's of Bluegrass 101. I really liked them! See if you can find the online and check them out.

In other news, here's a funny little tidbit for you...

My colleague, Colleen, was on the phone with her friend Nicole this morning and they were having a conversation about names their current children deem appropriate and, therefore, suggest for their upcoming children. Before her latest child was born, Nicole was asking her daughter, 4, and her son, 7, what they should name the new baby. Sadie suggested that, were the baby a girl, she should be named Headband. If the baby was a boy, he should be named Trundlebed.

Jonah simply declared, "Yes, the baby will be named Sparkles...Sparkles Bon Soir (pronounced, "bon swah"---it's French)."

And last, but certainly not least, Daniel's sermon on Sunday, titled "Jesus and Singleness", was amazing. You can download and listen once the mp3 is uploaded to the Sojourn website. It may take a few days or even longer, but keep checking back. It's worth it. And not just for singles either, so even if you've already tied the proverbial knot, give it a little listen. It's worth it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christa said...

I can testify that The Fest was great. Perfect weather and friends gathered together. I especially like the elderly gentleman showing off his ability to clog. It was a hoot. What was even more amusing was the younger man that got up with him and just bobbed his head like a chicken and pointed at the older man as if to say "You're the Man!" Oh my. I took pictures but had an accident and exposed the entire roll. That's a first. Memories from the corners of my mind....

8:59 AM  
Blogger Bobby said...

I didn't care to have that young man bobbing at me and pointing, but yes, I can clog.

1:17 PM  
Blogger Bobby said...

Little King, I have a present for you on my blog. Quotes from The Office.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Bolo said...

So remember that Sunday evening some weeks back where you said you recognized me from my blog? Yeah...well...I was there because Micah Revell had been telling me forever about that singleness sermon, and that it was supposed to be preached that night. Moral support and whatnot, you know?

Didn't happen.

Oh well...glad to hear that "Micah's sermon" went well :)

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home