Wednesday, November 15, 2006

If I've said it once...

...on another person's blog, chances are you might not have read it. Since I don't have anything earth-shattering or awe-inspiring to share with my cherished readership (um, that would be you) at the moment, I thought I'd let you in on the stories---personal anecdotes, if you will---that I've posted as comments on other people's blogs in the past.

On K8y's blog, in response to this post:
Speaking of chia pets...

I got my hair trimmed last week. On a dreary, rainy day. Now, mind you, I have naturally curly hair, and lots of it. So, after she'd finished trimming, my stylist asked if I wanted her to leave it curly or dry it straight.

We both glanced towards the big picture windows and the bleak landscape outside and I said (knowing that if she tried to "fix it" curly, it would be HUGE or abnormal looking), "Maybe we could do something in between?" To which she gleefully replied, "Yeah! Let's see if we can get a wavy look out of it..."

Then she grabbed a brush and a hairdryer and went to town. Within minutes I looked like a walking (well, I was sitting, but you know what I mean) chia pet. Ridiculous. So she straightened it, but in a hurry, since she had a client after me.

I was meeting a friend at the mall right after my hair appointment. Leaving the hair place, I had to stand in the rain before I could cross the street and get to my car. So, by the time I got to the mall my quasi-straightened hair looked liked I had a cocker spaniel toupee laid over it. Nice. Better than a chia pet, though, I GUESS...

On Eddo's blog, in response to this post:

I have a cat. She's pretty cool-looking, with these HUGE very green eyes (she's grey). But she's somewhat annoying because she's a love-hog and "talks" ALL the time...

Anyway, my youngest brother was up visiting me not long after I'd gotten her and we were in the living room. He was petting her and talking to me. All of a sudden, he goes, "This is the cat of my dreams!"

Thinking it weird that he could see the summation of all good pet qualities in my crazy cat, I skeptically replied, "Really?!"

(totally seriously) "Yeah, when I was in Brazil, I dreamt that I was fighting a demonic cat!"

Great.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does it make me a stalker if i have read both those comments? (or just someone w/ a lot of time on her hands??) :D

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe... you're a funny woman, Miss King!

11:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home